The International Lake Environment Committee Foundation, hereinafter “ILEC”, is an international non-governmental organization. Its objective is to globally promote environmentally sound management of natural and man-made lakes and their environments, consistent with sustainable development policies, by conducting research and studies, trainings, and by facilitating the exchange of knowledge, experiences and talent among experts around the world. ILEC will respect any privacy in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and other related laws and regulations of Japan.
1. Obtaining Personal Information
Personal information refers to any information that can identify a living individual. In handling personal information, ILEC is responsible for clarifying purposes of its use upon obtaining it from each individual.
2. Purposes of Use and Security
Any personal information acquired by ILEC will only be used in the scope of its stated purposes. ILEC will not sell or distribute it to any third parties except when it is deemed necessary to outsource its business in line with achieving the said purposes, to meet the requirements specified by the Act and other related laws and regulations, and to protect lives and property.
(1) All the personal information shall be handled properly, with necessary measures to prevent any loss, destruction, falsification, and leaking of the information that can be caused by illegal access, theft and misplacing.
(2) In case of outsourcing subcontractors with part of tasks dealing with personal information in the scope of its business purposes, ILEC shall supervise the subcontractors so that the information is handled properly.
(3) ILEC shall properly answer any inquiries whenever each provider of personal information seeks its disclosure, correction, and suspension of use, ILEC shall also deal properly and promptly with any complaints regarding the handling of personal information.
4. Maintaining Measures for Observing Laws and Regulations
(1) ILEC is bound to perform its business in accordance with laws and regulations regarding protection of personal information.
(2) ILEC shall continuously review and improve its policies and management systems for protection of personal information with the shift of its mission, related laws and regulations, the social environment, and the IT environment.
International Lake Environment Committee Foundation (ILEC)
1091 Oroshimo-cho, Kusatsu, Shiga, 525-0001 JAPAN
TEL: 077-568-4567 / FAX: 077-568-4568